Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Pecha Kucha Re-cap



Last night's Pecha Kucha got off to an embarrassing start for me. I had it in my head that the presentations started at 9:00 while in reality they were set to start a little bit after 8. We (Cousin Toby was with me) got there at 8:30, I told the woman at the admission table that I was one of the presenters, she said "Oh you must be the one everyone is waiting for..." I dashed downstairs and found the Hallwalls theater packed to the gills with people watching a presentation, thankfully after waiting a bit they had started without me. I went on second and my presentation basically went well, probably better than my last one and a bit smoother than my "rehearsals."

Overall the event was really great, it was an interesting group, with a broad range of practices. I'm looking forward to getting to know the non-local presenters over the course of Typecon. Tonight I am off to see Stefan Sagmiester, it should be good...

1 comment:

Nick Bruscia said...

Great presentation - There were many compliments on your behalf. Cheers, hope to see you around.