Friday, October 10, 2008

I'm in a Steven Heller Book!

Last week I received a copy of The Design Entrepreneur, by Steven Heller and Lita Talrico in my mailbox. The book interviews designers (and some design/art types like me) about, as the subtitle reads, "Turning graphic design into goods that sell." The book is full of impressive design figures like, Constantin Boym, Seymour Chwast, Jim Coudal, Jessica Helfland, Shepard Fairy, Ellen Lupton, Gary Panter, Mike Mills, and dozens of others. Buffalo typography titan Rich Kegler (P22 Type Foundry) is also interviewed in the book. It was his suggestion that I send my book to Steven Heller (Thanks Rich!)

Heller, is one of the few writers on graphic design that matters. His writing played a big part in my self education in design. I'm very excited to be included in one of his books.



My spread

Dave Eggers

Paul Budnitz, founder of Kid Robot