Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Fatal Disk Error at Montague Projects

Yesterday morning at about 8 am my hard drive died. On restart I got the terrifying flashing question mark folder. I took my laptop out to the Apple store and they installed a new hard drive for $250. I was greatly relieved to get off that easy. Thankfully I have been using Time machine for the last 6 months, if this had happened before, when I was backing up every week or two I would have been screwed. In any case, I missed my Daily Book Graphics post yesterday, so today there will be two, but not until much later, I have a lot of other things to get done first.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

whoa nelly! I, too, recently learned the benefits of Time Machine when my logic board died and, for reasons too involved to get into in this comment, I had to acquire a new computer. Since then, I've been trying to remember to backup every night or every other day, but I'm too lazy to hookup the drive. So I'm looking into a Time Capsule investment so it can all happen magically via the wonders of wireless technology.

me said...

i am so sorry that happened to youi need to get a time capsule asap.