Friday, July 10, 2009

Daily Book Graphics #139 / Sports Cars






The dangers of drifting


As a collector of Golden Guides, I was pretty thrilled to find the Golden Guide to Sports Cars at the the flea market last week. I new of it, but had never actually seen it. It was published in 1966 and updated in 1968. It is a bit of a weird subject for Golden Guides, it seems like it would be out of date as soon as it appeared. This is my favorite era for cars so I really like these illustrations. Although it would be nice to see the sports cars in their native environments like the Golden Guides do for mammals or birds. The one thing that bothers me is that the black block of right justified text in the upper left seems like it should be aligned with the bottom of "Sports," it's 1/8 of an inch too high for no reason.

1 comment:

Flogistix said...

the design cars on your post . . .was so amazing. . congratz. . keep it up . .love it..
wellhead compression